This giveaway is now closed and the winners were Adele Klusener and Lauren Henderson. Congrats!
I loved being pregnant. I was one of those weird women who never got morning sickness, glowed with good health and felt as strong as an ox during both pregnancies. Yip, pregnancy I was very “good” at. Newborn babies? Not so much.
I was one of the first of my friends to have babies. I didn’t have an older sister. And my Mom was sick at the time. So when squawking opinionated little Rachel arrived into this world, I was completely clueless. New parents are always clueless aren’t they? But I felt like the most unprepared person in the world, even though I’d been to antenatal classes. In fact, Gareth still reminds me of that first night home, where I came to him with my screaming infant in my arms and asked bleary-eyed if we could take her back to the hospital. I just wanted to spend a few more nights there, in the safe zone with the nurses who knew it all. I felt very alone.
If you’ve been reading this blog for a bit now, you’ll know I’m a bit of a reader. I will read anything. Even the back of the toilet spray bottle. So because I didn’t have anyone to ask about the baby stuff, I read ALL the baby books. And I mean ALL of them (I have about 9 or 10). And the one that I kept returning to, again and again, was Baby Sense. It just made a whole lot of sense to me.
Baby Sense, together with Johnson’s, have been running parenting seminars for the last 12 years and they’ve been growing in popularity. If you’re pregnant, or have a baby under 1 year old, you should make this the one seminar, event or talk you attend. Here are the dates and locations of the seminars to be held around the country in 2015.
1 August 2015 – Port Elizabeth – Radisson Blu Hotel
15 August 2015 – Durban – Three Cities Riverside Hotel
22 August 2015 – Cape Town – The Vineyard Hotel
5 September 2015 – Johannesburg – The Protea Balalaika Hotel
The parenting experts this year include Sr Ann Richardson (co-author of Baby Sense and Sleep Sense), Tina Otte (midwife and special editor of Your Pregnancy) and Lizanne du Plessis (OT and author of Raising Happy Children), amongst others. Trust me, these ladies know what they’re talking about. The morning session will equip parents-to-be with all they need to know and the afternoon session is aimed at parents with babies up to 12 months.
The cost for a seminar ticket is R240 and you get a great goodie bag, plus the chance to win some amazing prizes from sponsors like Johnson’s, Baby City, Huggies, MySmartKid and others.
**Buy your tickets or read more info here.**
Win 1 of 2 Babysense Hampers worth R635 each!
The team at Babysense have given me two great hampers of goodies to give away to some lucky readers. This is what’s in each one:
- 2 x taglets (our entire family existence revolves around where Ben’s taglet is. We have to wash it twice a day and no one can rest if it is “lost”. Trust me, you need 2. Or 3).
- 1 x burp cloth (babies burp A LOT).
- 1 x Nurture Nest (a pillow that provides support for both mom and baby when you’re breastfeeding).
How to enter:
- Leave a comment below this post (only one, duplicate entries will be deleted).
- For an extra entry, tweet this: I want to win a Babysense hamper on Making Mountains with @belindamountain worth R635. Enter here: http://bit.ly/1BMx5QA
If you know anyone else who’s expecting a baby or who is a newish Mom, please share! You can click on the little Facebook, Twitter or email buttons directly below this post.
This giveaway closes at noon on Thursday 11 June 2015. Please note:
- You can only enter twice in total (1 entry via commenting, 1 entry via Twitter)
- Only South African citizens can enter.
- The winners’ names will be chosen randomly and announced on this blog and via Twitter.
- The winners will be contacted via email no later than Tuesday 16 June 2015.