Do you ever look at your kid and wonder who they’re going to end up being one day? Will they become a writer, an astronaut, a rock star, an entrepreneur, a pro surfer or an engineer? Will they don a super hero cape at night and defeat the bad guys? Maybe they’ll open a gourmet ice cream shop and make their living bringing people happiness? It’s so wonderful how open the world is to them right now, and also how exciting the future is – who knows what new careers will spring up before they reach adulthood?
Carving out a career that brings them happiness, and hopefully provides financial security, is always top of mind for any parent. But 18 (or more!) years of education is hellishly expensive! Which is why investing a little bit now while they’re small, is the smart thing to do.
Need a little help getting started? I hear you. Littleworld is the free Woolies community for moms and dads with little ones up to age 7, and if you sign up before 9 March 2018, you can go into a draw to win a R20 000 bursary for your child. It could also be for any child you nominate, so that could be your niece, your grandchild or your neighbour’s child. If you’re already a Littleworld member, you just swipe your Woolies or MySchool card at a Woolies till point and every swipe is an entry. Easy peasy.
Along with thoughtful giveaways like this one, there are some awesome benefits to being a Littleworld member! I’ve just joined and besides the great WRewards* benefits, you also get:
- A welcome voucher of R100 off any R400 purchase on kids wear – pretty handy as Ben is growing out of his t-shirts at a rate of knots.
- A free pamper treatment that offers you the choice of manicure, pedicure, massage or facial, so you can treat yo’self (if you spend R450 in a single purchase within the first 3 months of joining).
- The chance to win a R500 gift card every month in a lucky draw (the only prerequisite is to swipe your card in that month).
- A R50 Woolies voucher towards a birthday treat for your little one.
- A monthly newsletter filled with helpful parenting tips and advice such as water safety, how to deal with tantrums and how to build their self-esteem.
Anyway, I’ve recently signed up to Littleworld and it was super quick and easy – and I’m off to spend my first voucher soon!
Winners of the bursary competition will be announced in May 2018, so if you’ve got a child younger than seven, and you like nice free things and good quality clothing, why not sign up to Littleworld right now?
*Ts and Cs apply